This is my favourite tomato soup recipe. It tastes so fresh and is perfect anytime of year. I love how easy it is to make. Minimum chopping and you let your oven and stove do most of the work!
- 3 pounds fresh tomatoes (about 4 cups, halved)
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 small yellow onions, sliced
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 3 drops doTERRA Basil Essential Oil
- 1-2 drops doTERRA Black Pepper Essential Oil
- Handful of chopped fresh basil or cilantro (coriander) for garnish (optional). Black sesame seeds sprinkled on top are nice too.
- Preheat oven to 450F/230C.
- Wash, core and cut the tomatoes into halves. Spread the tomatoes, garlic cloves and onions onto a baking tray. If using vine cherry tomatoes for garnish, add them as well, leaving them whole and on the vine. Drizzle with ¼ cup of coconut oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 30-35 minutes, or until caramelized.
- Remove roasted tomatoes, garlic and onion from the oven and transfer along with any roasting juices into a large stock pot. Add 3 cups of the vegetable stock. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until liquid has reduced by a third.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup until smooth or a high speed blender. Add two drops doTERRA Basil Essential Oil and 1 drop doTERRA Black Pepper essential Oil. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. If freezing, let soup cool before transferring to freezer-safe containers.
- Garnish in bowl with chopped fresh basil or cilantro & black sesame seeds.Recipe adapted from: vegangela.com