I re-stocked the fridge and pantry and Sunday morning it was time to dive back into cooking. I started with an old favorite that hadn’t made an appearance for a while. Why had I waited so long? I love this simple, comforting breakfast!
What you’ll need:
- 2 cups fresh or frozen fruit (enough to cover bottom of a pie plate)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup oat flour (no need to buy oat flour – simply blend up some rolled oats in the blender)
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (to taste)
My favorite fruit to use in this recipe is organic mixed frozen berries. No washing or chopping required and it tastes like a yummy dessert but it’s so healthy you can eat it for breakfast!
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Cover bottom of pie plate (I like to use glass) with fruit
- In a small bowl, mix oats and flour.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of maple syrup into the oat/flour mix at a time, resulting mixture should be crumbly
- Pour mixture over top of fruit.
- Sprinkle cinnamon evenly over top of crumble
- Cook for 12-15 minutes until top is just golden.
Here are the ingredients all ready to go (and displayed on my favorite new placemat from Sou Sou in Tokyo 😉
Crumble mixture has been made from the rolled oats, oat flour and maple syrup.
Fruit Crumble is ready for the oven.
Ta-da! Breakfast is served!
Recipe adapted from Everyday Happy Herbivore.