Recipe adapted from The 30-Minute Vegan Serves 4
- 3 avocados (2 cups mashed)
- ½ cup maple syrup, or to taste
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbl raw cacao powder
(could sub cocoa powder)
- 3 Tbl almond butter
- 2 Tbl coconut oil (optional)
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg or cardamom
- 5 drops of Wild Orange doTERRA essential oil (taste and add more if needed)
- Combine all of the ingredients (except Wild Orange Essential Oil) in a food processer or strong blender and process until smooth. Add Essential Oil, blend, taste and add more if needed.
- If you are using a blender, you may need to add liquid to get the mousse consistently. To keep it live (raw), you can add almond milk.
~ Try doTERRA peppermint essential oil (less that one drop as it’s potent, taste and add more if needed)
~ ½ tsp any flavor extract (optional) (try mint, cherry, orange, almond, hazelnut, or coffee
~ Another option for orange mousse, add zest of 1 orange and 3Tbl of orange juice
~ Replace the maple syrup with 4 to 6 soaked dates.